Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, September 5, 2011

These are the days of my life......

Husband has been behaving very well the last few days. I absolutely love these times, with always a hint of a dark cloud hanging over me. I know that it will not last, and, when it hits, it's worse than before.

I am going to email Dr A today. I am going to request he put husband on some kind of mood relaxant. Also, the tremors he experienced at church on Sat night needs to be reported. There was another eipsode this morning. As he woke up, he stretched, and the tremors started in his legs. It lasts for only a few seconds, but tremors they are. A little scary, but expected.

He told me that he had been wearing the same jeans for the last 3 days. What? I do laundry every single Monday, but I am taking today off. So, I go to his dresser, lo and behold, there are his jeans, folded nicely, in his dresser. I show him his pants, he looks at me and just shrugs. A little later, I was looking at the pants he was wearing closely. They have not been worn for 3 days. They look fresh and clean.

These are the days of my life now. I've said it before, I'll say it again. With this disease, you can go anywhere. It sometimes reminds me of being in a fun house. It's that crazy at times. I have to be on my toes constantly, watching for signs of seizure activity (I believe they have started), checking him after a fall, showing no surprise when he has his "moments" and, just being there for him.

Today though, I am treating myself. I am taking myself on a date. I am going to the movies, alone, (never did this before) but, there's always a first. Looking forward to it. Jack will "dad sit". He's not thrilled, but said he would do it. Husband is not happy about me going to the movies. He does not like it when I leave him. But, I have to, for my sanity. I need this. Cannot wait!! Yay for me.

For now, husband has stabilized. Let's hope that when I get home this afternoon, we will not have to take a trip into the Land of Dementia. Don't wanna go just yet. Give me a few days, then we will take the dreaded journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment