Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Truck, Clutch and that Alarm

Husband's truck was repaired by a dear family friend. All it needed was a clutch. We picked it up Wednesday. Husband is beginning to realize that he cannot operate any vehicle, but, I still got the truck fixed. Our dear friend charged us a very small amount, something I could afford. Husband is happy he has his truck. When he comes into the living room, he will look out our big window at the driveway, see his truck and grin. If that's what it takes for him to be happy then so be it.

On a funny/sad side, the truck has an alarm system that is so annoying. While the truck was at the repair shop, Sean took out the battery, just for the sake of the life of the battery. Since we got it back, husband cannot figure out how to disengage the alarm. He has forgotten. So, every couple of hours, husband will go out and try to disconnect this most annyoing alarm system. It's kind of funny because once the alarm goes off, husband gets agitated, the dogs start to go crazy in the house, and I, the last person you would ask to fix this alarm, tries to hush the dogs, tells husband to just forget it, all the while, wanting to laugh and cry at the same time.

A few years ago, this would not have happened. He would've known exactly what to do. Last night, he came into the house looking defeated, said, "I need Pat to come and help me". The look on his face said it all. He doesn't remember how to turn the alarm off. I have talked with him since, said to look at the funny side of it. Told him that I think the neighbors will be most happy about the alarm once it's turned off. He did kind of laugh at that one. He said, "Maybe the dogs too?" Oh yes, my dogs will be most appreciative. You have to laugh about it sometimes folks. Otherwise, you could go crazy.

Got a call from Physical Therapy yesterday. Was surprised who called me. It was Tyler's fiance, Susie. Didn't put two and two together when I made the request. Susie works in Physical Therapy. She told me what they would do with husband, how it all works. Husband is happy we will be dealing with our Susie. Our appointment is Oct 6th. Not too far off.

Husband is still sleeping. Have to wake him up. I need to go grocery shopping and promised I would take him with me. He sounded excited before he went to sleep last night. "WE have to grocery shop tomorrow, right?" "Yes", as I sigh, "we sure do".

This has been a good week though. Husband has been stable, not too many episodes. Had alot of jerking night before last. It did subside after about 30 minutes. Now, if only we can get that damn alarm off..............

No comments:

Post a Comment