Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, March 23, 2012

Behave!!

I can honestly say that yesterday was better than the day before. Husband woke up in a good mood, showered, and, he used the bath seat. Yes, I know, he actually used something that will keep him safe. Said he liked it even!! I was shocked. He never, and I mean, never, does anything I suggest. Fights me on everything. I don't know if this "mood" will change for the worse, but, I'll take it when I can get it.

I had to go to the store when Jack got home, so, I took husband with me. He was OK in the store, but, wanted to get something that I couldn't afford. Told him I had X amount of dollars, he already had some at home, so, use it till it was gone. He started to pout in line, I got close to him and said, "Do not act up in the store. You are not getting anymore of that stuff until you use up what we have at home. Do you understand? Now, if you can't straighten up, you will not go with me anymore to the store." A lady in front of me turned around, and I know she thought I was talking to a child, so, when she saw that I was with another adult, the look on her face was priceless. I almost burst out laughing, but, smiled ever so sweetly at her and she turned back around. As she was leaving with her groceries, she glanced back at us, saw husband and his walker, and suddenly, it made sense to her. She gave me an understanding look and left.

Husband was quiet on the way home. I had made my point. I have to go to the post office today, husband said he wanted to go too. Told him he would have to behave and I would take him.

Husband wants to go to the Jemez Mountains. I would love to take him as well. It's beautiful up there. Because the weather is going to be rather nice, I may take him next week. They have been blasted with snow from our recent storms last week, hopefully, I will be able to take him. I could use a change of scenery myself.

Here's to another week down. And, I did not hear from Dr A and the genetic testing. Always next week, I guess.

These days all blend into another. Some days are good. Some days are bad. And we owe it all to this monster that has invaded our lives, destroying all in it's path. Kudos to you, you horrifying monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment