Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Friends & Family

We had a nice St Patrick's dinner at Jane's. Not too noisy for husband. He was a little confused at first, but, once he saw Carlos, his old buddy, he was fine. Carlos took husband under his wing, and they sat & talked for a long time. When we got ready to leave, Carlos had tears in his eyes as he said, "Take care of him." He was deeply moved by what husband has become. His face looked so sad.

Jace, Patrick and husband left early this morning for Ramah. Husband was excited. He has been looking forward to this trip. Just the guys. Of course, I gave them instructions on how to care for husband if they walk anywhere, don't let him get lost. Also, could not take the walker, he is using his cane. Told them to steady him. I know they will take care of him. They love him. It's just that he is in my care constantly, I know what to do. Like entrusting your child to someone.

Everyone is coming here for dinner tonight. I love to cook for my family. Jace ordered Pineapple Upside Down cake, (I make it from scratch), Leia wants my apple pie (also from scratch) and Tish wants my macaroni salad. Looks like I will be busy while the guys are out today!! Love to cook and see my family enjoy it.

Father in law may come to visit tomorrow. I called him Friday morning, wanting to bring husband over for a visit. He hesitated, I asked him if there was a problem. He said no, but, I could tell there was something. So, I dropped it. He seems to still be in denial that there is anything wrong with husband, other than "a little problem walking". That man makes me want to spit nails. When is he going to admit it? I cannot get through to him. Father in law at times, is more difficult to deal with than husband. When he asked how husband was doing, I told him all the issues at hand. He was silent for a moment, then said, sarcastically, "Well, you better start saving for a funeral." I wanted to choke that man. There are times I don't even want to let him know how husband is doing, he only wants to argue with me on this delicate subject. I am letting it go for now, but, when the Genetics Test comes back, well, we'll talk. He can argue with me all he wants, but, try to argue with scientific evidence?

It has been a decent weekend so far. Husband was irritated with me yesterday. Seemed wound up for some reason. Usually when this happens, there will be a sudden decline. Have to wait and see.

That's all I do anymore. Waiting for the other shoe to drop. I eat, breathe and sleep this new found way of life. Never know what's around the corner. All you can do is watch and listen. Like a thief, waiting to steal from you. And this disease has stolen. Everything we had or knew. All taken away. Leaving in it's path, a broken man and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment