Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chicken, again?

Not a whole lot going on. Husband has been OK. A lot of memory issues. Legs have become very stiff. Have not noticed any increase of seizure activity. Of course, he has slept a lot this past week, but as far as nighttime goes, the seizures have not been that bad.

Marie, Burt & the kids came home from Texas a few weeks ago. Nice to have them back. Marie took husband yesterday for about 5 hours. She said he did good. He loved getting out. I took care of the kids and cleaned house. Was a nice reprieve for me. He came home in good spirits, but, as the evening wore on, he became a little angry towards me. He did complain about dinner. Told Marie I cook chicken every night (those Dementia patients). He was sick of chicken. Marie played along with it. She knows what to do. He ate a full plate of (what else?) chicken, roasted potatoes and carrots. Said it was delicious. Kudos to the Chicken!!

I am going to call Dr A's office tomorrow and see about getting Home Help. See what they actually do. He will resist any help when it comes to bathing or going to the bathroom. Maybe they can just sit with him so I can get out and get some fresh air? Anyway, am going to check into that.

This leaving his walker all over the house is beginning to get on my nerves. Last night, I went into the kitchen, turned on the light, and there it was in all it's glory, in the middle of the kitchen. I took it to him in the bedroom. I told him to stop leaving his walker all over the house. He looked at me, blank stare, then said, rather sarcastically, "Yes Ma'am". Then, to my amazement, he said, "You know, it's not like I forget it or anything, you just make a big deal about everything." I laughed, he smiled, then, it was over with.

Pat & Christine took Jack with them earlier in the day. When they brought him home, husband came out with his walker. He looked at me and said, "See? I have the walker." Turning to Pat & Christine, he said, "Your mom says I always forget the walker, but see, I have it." What? No use in explaining that's not what I meant. He does not comprehend anymore.

I can deal with memory loss, difficulty with walking, but, it's the anger I'm having difficulty with. I have to learn to let it "roll off my back", but, I'll admit, I'm finding it hard to deal with. He will lash out at me and say things that are so hurtful. No use in lashing back at him. He doesn't even know what he's doing. It's hard. Am working on it.

He has been wanting to see his dad, but, his dad has been sick. Would like to take him to his dad's house today, maybe that will help calm his nerves. Even with the mood stabilizer he takes, it does not curb his anger. All directed at me. I know it's the disease, still, it's hard to take. Something I need to work on.

I hope for a good day, today. Would like to relax, maybe enjoy a good old movie. Relax. With husband at his dad's, that may just happen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment