Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, October 18, 2012

How's your day?

I am in countdown mode as of today.  It's not just the idea of seeing my boy again and all that he accomplished at basic training, it's the very idea of going somewhere.  With all that being said, I am a little nervous for husband.  This constant state of confusion can lead to a very difficult trip, but, I am thinking positive.

I don't go out much.  I stay home, take care of my home, care for husband, and when we do go out, it's not far and not for long.  So, to actually leave my house for 4 whole days, well, yes, one can get a little flutter of excitement.

Tyler will watch the dogs.  Got that covered.  My little one, Snowball, is going to be a mess while I'm gone.  He is so attached to me.  I made a joke the other day and said he was going to need counseling when I get back.  Bessie on the other hand, is attached to me, but, she is independent, just let her bark her fool head off and she's good!

Yesterday I went through my closet and brought out the winter clothes.  It's getting pretty chilly here in the mornings, warming up some, but, the shorts have been put away.  Last night, while watching TV, I got a fire going in the fireplace.  It warmed up the room.  I have not turned the heat on yet.  I don't want my gas bill to go up.  Kind of testing myself, seeing just how long I can go without heat in the house.

I ran to Walgreens yesterday.  The clerk noticed my unusual upbeat manner.  She was so nice and asked me how my day was going.  I wanted to stand on the counter and announce to everyone in the store that I, was going on a big jet airplane to see my son graduate from basic training in the Air Force.  Then, my common sense kicked in and decided not to.  I told her my day was fabulous and made sure she was having a good day.

Funny, what a little trip will do for a person's morale!!

2 comments:

  1. Family Day aka Graduation Day @ Lackland is such an awesome day! I'm so glad you get to go. Charge the batteries, take tons of pics, etc. And reserve your hotel room now, so you can stay really close to the base. MAYBE???? Maybe we will get to see a pic of your Jack on Graduation Day?? :)

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete