Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Laughter? What's so funny?

July seems to be lasting forever.  I want summer to be over with already.  We have, however, been having our regular rainy season, which is so nice.  It has been cool, cloudy with breezes that make you say, "Oh that's refreshing".  That part of summer I do like.

I have been thinking of our move to Colorado.  If all would've gone well, I would've had the apartment packed and ready to go by now.  Makes me a little sad.  I'll get there, when the time is right, but, I just wish the time would've been right when I wanted to go. 

Such is life, eh?

Husband was in his usual stupor yesterday.  Nothing new to report on that subject.  I took him outside to sit on the porch and enjoy the cool breeze.  He was fine for a few minutes, when, he started asking me to take him to the shoe store to buy him a new pair of shoes.  I could feel the muscles in my neck and shoulders beginning to tighten up.

First of all, he does not wear shoes in the house.  And, when I do take him in the car, of course, he wears shoes, but, how often is that?  Not very.  He has new shoes, bought in May. 

At first, I tried to ignore him, hoping he would just leave it alone.  But, no, for some reason, he had it up in his mind that I was being mean to him.

I finally had enough.  Told him he was going in the house because he was not behaving.  Brought him back in,  took him to the bedroom and said, "If you can't behave, you will stay here until you can be good and come back outside."

Who does that to a husband?  Me, that's who.

After about 30 minutes or so, he shuffled back to the front door and asked to come back outside where he promised to behave.  When I say he came to the front door, I mean, he stands at the door because he doesn't know how to open the door anymore.

After that, he was fine.  A little pouty, but, the shoe subject did not come up again.

Father in law came Tuesday morning.  We had a good talk.  I told him about husband talking to "someone" in the corner of the living room.  He said he was comforted by it, thinking it was husband's mom, that he has felt her presence as well.  Even though he has remarried, he still feels her. 

He had a good visit with husband.  Husband kept telling his dad that he needed to do something, but, had forgotten what it was.  We tried suggesting all sorts of ideas of what he wanted to do, but, husband would put his hands to his head and say over and over, "no, no, no."

That was fun.  Right?

I haven't found much to laugh about this week.  I usually do in the wake of all of this madness, however, I think my laughter button is broke. 

I hope it can be repaired.



No comments:

Post a Comment