Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Prayer

Night terrors are back.  Great.  Just great.  Just when I thought moving husband to a hospital bed would stop him wandering in the middle of the night, they have come back with a vengeance.

This all started a few nights ago.  I was hoping it was just a fluke.  Not so much. 

Have I ever said I hate Alzheimer's?  I do and that much more.

Yesterday was so pleasant on my porch, I took husband outside for a few hours.  It had rained the night before, so, it was nice and fresh and cool.

For the last few days, husband has not been in the here and now.  Yesterday was no different.  He has no idea where he's at and kept asking me if the movers were coming.  I kept telling him we were not moving for another 3 weeks.  He would look at me as if I were speaking another language, look out towards the trees and grass, turn back to me and ask me if the movers were coming.  Again and again.

He looks so helpless now.  His eyes have such a haunting look about them.  Big, round and, vacant.  His whole facial structure has changed.  His jaw juts out, his bottom lip is turned outward and those eyes.  I am going to try and take a picture of his face just so ya'll can see.  Let's hope the picture doesn't take up a whole page on this blog like it's done before and I had to delete it.

He woke me up around 4 AM this morning, saying he had to gather his stuff up, along with some onions.  Yes, onions.  Amazing what a brain can do being affected by Alzheimer's.

He said he had to go to the bathroom, I took him in.  His diaper was soaking wet, I took it off of him.  He sat down and started chanting, "What goes in, must go out," then, would look up at me and laugh a silly laugh.  This chanting went on for about 45 minutes.

I finally coaxed him back to bed.  As I was straightening out the sheet and blanket, I felt the bed.  Wet.  Grrrr.  He said, "I didn't wet the bed, someone else did, honest."

It just never ends.  It's always something. 

Wherever husband is, he's at least pleasant.  His mind is completely gone.  He seems content to stare into space.  I so hope God is guiding him Home. 

My prayer is God take him soon.  

 




1 comment:

  1. This disease is so not fair. Not at all. You have already lost your loving husband but yet you are not officially widowed. It's so mean. I am so sorry for you and for anyone that has to deal with this awful disease. You are remarkable and doing such a loving job with no happy ending in sight; at least on this side of eternity. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete