Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Boy, I have been busy.  Sorry for the lack in updates.  Packing, packing and more packing.  Organizing in packing.  I am tired.

Husband has been OK.  Still lost in his own world, but, has been in an OK mood.  He is excited about moving to Colorado.  At times, he seems even upbeat.  I like that.

My car went to the dealership on Friday.  They gave me a 2013 loaner car.  I have an SUV, so, driving the loaner car felt like I was driving on the ground.  Plus, husband couldn't go in this car because I was afraid he wouldn't be able to get out of it.

I picked up my car yesterday morning.  I thought my car drove great before, but, now?  Glides down the freeway.  New tires, tune up, oil change, replaced hoses to the air conditioning unit, transmission flush and I can't remember the rest.  Loving every minute of it.

In laws came on Friday for a visit.  Father in law is happy for us.  I took him aside and asked him if he was upset we were leaving.  He said no, but then said, "Are you taking him to Colorado to die?"  I answered, "Yes, it's his dying wish."  Father in law then said, "OK, then I'm OK with it all."  We both got tears in our eyes, but, it was kind of happy tears. 

I am on a quest.  I am taking my husband to Colorado to die.  It sounds so awful, but, honestly, it's not.  This has made my husband so happy.  And, because he is so far gone, he will say, "She's taking me to Colorado to die."

Yes I am, my dear husband, yes I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment