Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, January 20, 2012

A Normal Life

No word as yet from Dr A. Being that he is one of the top Neurologists in the city and state, I am not surprised. I just hope that he reads the email I sent before our Wednesday appointment.

Husband has an appointment on the 2nd of February for his annual eye exam. When I made the appointment in December, we discussed it and how Medicare/Humana would now cover 100%, except for any frames he would want. I told him we could keep his existing frames, but of course replace the lens if he so needed. He was fine with that.

Yesterday, in the mail, I got the forms to fill out for his appt. They send in the mail to avoid waiting time when you arrive. Husband was completely confused about this appointment. Asked me when I had made the appointment without telling him. What? I reminded him about our conversation back in December. He had no recollection of any of it.

Why oh why do I discuss something with him I know he does not understand anymore? Why do I put him and me through this? Haven't I learned by now?

I guess it's because I'm still holding onto my "old life", the "normal" life I had once had. I have not adjusted to this "new normal" I think. I want my old life back. I don't like this way of living. It's not fun, it's not "normal", it's heartbreaking, stressful and complicated.

Onto another subject:

No news on the job hunt. I did get a response from one company I had applied to. They said that I was not chosen to interview with them. At least I got a reply. Rejection is hard on me. But, there is a job out there for me, just waiting for "it" to happen.

House hunting is still in effect. Have a lead on one house. They owner is supposed to call me today. The rent is the same, but, don't have to pay water/garbage and sewage, so I'll save money. Plus, it has a fireplace, is smaller, so I will save on utilities. The HOA's take care of all gardening in the front, so all I would have to worry about would be the small backyard. It's in a very quiet location, not too far from here. I sure hope we get it, I love the area and am looking forward to saving money. Now, if only a job would come through, I'll be set.

The weekend is around the corner. We have our Group Meeting tonight, with church tomorrow. I look forward to both. I need it.

This is where I am at today. Husband has woken up early, making my day start earlier. I want to have a good day. No confusion today, please. No agitation today, please. Can't I have just one "normal" day?

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for a peaceful week-end. You deserve it. (((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete