Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, August 20, 2012

A Family Gathering

Birthday dinner was fun.  I made BBQ chicken w/rice and made a pineapple upside down cake.  The food was delicious.

Husband was in good spirits.  Smiled a lot while looking around the room with everyone here.  He never got up, just sat in his chair and "visited".

It's neat how the kids react to him.  When he says something totally off the wall, or, adds his two cents into a conversation we had 40 minutes ago, they don't miss a beat.  They listen to him babble,  say things like, "I agree", or, "You know, you're right," kid of stuff.  Doesn't even faze them.  But, there is one thing they do.  After something like that, they always look at me as if to say, "Mom, fix him".  I wish I could.

Jack will be graduating from Basic Training in mid  November.  Being that he is going to San Antonio for basic, I would like to go to his graduation.  Sgt. V said it is a really big deal.  I would have to rent a car, (don't want to put those miles on my car), and get us a Hotel room for at least 4 days.  Don't know how I'm going to afford that, but, where there's a will, there's a way.  At least I will work all next week.  A little extra money there.

Taking husband on a trip like that may be hard on him.  But, he is wanting to go so badly.  He talks about it a lot.  Hey, at least he remembers that Jack will be graduating.  He never remembers the month, just the fact that he will graduate basic.

Time will tell.

Tyler told me that the drive-by I witnessed Saturday night did result in someone getting shot.  Tyler works for the City of Albuquerque, and was driving the bus close to us.  Seems some guy got on and told Tyler about the shooting, that some guy got shot in the arm.  Scary.  Can't wait to leave here hopefully, in June of 2013.

Weekend was good.  Husband has been OK.  Confusion and memory loss is there, all day, every day.  Can't ignore it anymore.

Jack leaves 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Gulp.


No comments:

Post a Comment