Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Evening Rounds

 Going to Bible Study this morning, come home and not much else.

Husband has been wanting an Owner's Manual for one of this tools.  Don't ask me why.  He can't understand what he reads anymore, but, as usual, I go along with it and do what he wants.

About 3 weeks ago, I found a printer at a yard sale for $5.00.  Of course I bought it.  It works wonderful.

So, after dinner last night, I offered to print out this owner's manual for husband.  It printed beautifully.  Husband was amazed by what a printer can do.  He's like that now.  Gets amazed by what an oven can do, a microwave, a vacuum, a dishwasher, I could go on and on.  Really sad, that part.

Anyways, I printed this out for him, put it in a paper folder and off he went to the bedroom to gaze at this miracle that had just happened.  (Sorry, not meaning to be critical of him, it's just the way it is in my home on any given day).

Later, I went into the bedroom to give him his evening meds and there, strewn about the bed was this manual.  He had a look of total frustration.  He looked up at me and asked me to help him.  Seems he had gotten the papers mixed up and could not put it together again.  I picked up the pages, noticed they were numbered.  Told him to put it in order by the page numbers.  He looked up at me with the face of a child and said, "I can't."

He wanted me to staple it all together.  I explained I don't have a stapler, will have to take it somewhere to get it stapled.  Again, the face of a child and the "Do something about it", attitude was all I got from him.

So frustrating for me.  I sometimes want to scream, "Will this ever stop?"  This is all so crazy.

I had him put the papers away and I will put it all together for him this morning.  

When I was going down the hallway, Jack asked me what was going on.  I told him.  He put his head down and said, "This sucks, Mom."

Just another thing that we all take for granted on a daily basis, that too has been taken from husband.  He can't even do that anymore.  

I thought about it all night last night.  What's next?  Don't know, but, it'll probably be one that'll take me by surprise, for sure.  Thank God Jack is leaving.  He doesn't need to witness any more of this crap.  He's seen enough.

Jack's right.  This does suck.










No comments:

Post a Comment