Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, August 10, 2012

Let's "play pretend" (again)

And the beat goes on.  Not much to report on lately.

Husband has stabilized somewhat.  It's like that.  He will have a sudden decline (with this last one being the worst), then, stabilize for awhile.  The next decline is coming, trust me, I just don't know when it will hit.

I've said it before and I will continue to say it.  It's like a roller coaster ride.  You just never know when the bottom will be dropped out underneath you.

I had to take Kristen to pick up her prescription yesterday, and, when I got home, there was husband in the storage shed again.  When I got out of the car, I asked him what he was doing.  He was not using the walker and holding onto the shed doorknobs for dear life.  He looked like he was going to fall flat on his face.  He said he was "consolidating" his tools.  I had to chuckle at that one.

My first response was to say, "Well, let's consolidate right here.  Bring all the tools out, I'll put up a "Yard Sale" sign and let's sell, sell, sell".

If only.  Of course, he will not get rid of those tools.  What a waste.  His answer to me always is, "One day I will need them again."

Husband fell asleep earlier than normal last night.  I went to check on him.  He was having some awful tremors in his arms.  Especially the left one.  The arm was hanging off the bed, so, I carefully put it back on the bed.  It was twitching.  I didn't like that.

I am now in "waiting and watching" mode.  It's a game I've learned to play.  You play pretend everything is normal.  Until it happens again.  Once it happens, you re-group, gather your strength and make do with what you have left.

How fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment