Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, December 13, 2012

A quick post

I've been trying to get on here and post but, well, life has gotten in the way, so, here I am 2 days later.

I have started to get ready for our move.  No Christmas lights, tree or anything related to Christmas around my house this year.  It's a little difficult for me to drive down my street and see all the lights and beautiful decorated Christmas trees in neighbor's windows, then, I drive up to my sad, dark looking house and get a twinge in my chest.  But, then I think about the new apartment and how my finances will improve and the sadness goes away.  Like I've said before:  I'm in survival mode.

Husband has been OK.  A little lost at times throughout the day.  Not really with it, but, not really gone either.  He keeps asking me when are we moving.  I tell him, many times per day.  He knows it's the Christmas season, but, doesn't know when Christmas actually is.

Tyler & Susie bought new living room furniture and Tyler told me to go look at what they have in recliners.  I'm going to surprise husband and take him this morning.  It's a real chore taking him anywhere, but, it'll get him out of the house and I do want to see what they have.  It has to be reasonable in price.

I'm making homemade fudge and sending Jack a care package.  Have to get that done as well.

So, life is continuing on.  Many changes, many challenges.  I've been having good days and bad days.  I have to keep going.  There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I just have to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment