Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Packing & Purging

Today is the day I will start to pack.  Again.  I am going to purge.  Everything.  With the exception of our bed, 2 dressers, 2 TV's, 1 TV stand and some personal stuff, that's all I'm taking.  Pots & pans, of course they will go with me.  Pictures, yes.

I am selling all of our major appliances, and 1 rather new queen bed.  With those proceeds, I plan on buying 2 recliners for the living room.  The rest I will be donating.  All of it.  Gone.

Is going to feel good not to have so much stuff.  I do not like clutter.  I like to live simple.  Our new apartment is small.  Really small.  At this point in my life, all I'm concerned with is making it financially each month, not having a big house.  Moving into this apartment will allow me to do so.  So, so relieved and grateful.

Let the packing and purging begin!!

Husband has been so so.  He is looking forward to moving and being able to "walk" the grounds of the new place.  It's handicapped friendly, he can watch the ducks in the duck pond and stroll the grounds.

Forget the ducks and the duck pond, I will find that hot tub!

In answer to your questions on the stages of Alzheimer's.  There are 7 stages.  As Dr A and I discussed, he is at stage 6, with signs of stage 7 creeping in and out.  Stage 7 can last a long time, or not.  We just don't know.  Everyone is different.

Dr A did ask me if husband was having delusions.  Yes, I told him.  He then asked me what time of day did these occur.  I told him after dark.  He nodded his head and said, "It's the beginning."  Stage 7.

Last night, as I was going to bed, husband had fallen asleep with his glasses on.  As I was taking them off of him, he opened his eyes and started telling me about pictures.  I have learned to not say, "what pictures?  What are you talking about?"  His speech was slurred, but, he was believing what he was saying.  I smiled, nodded my head and told him to go back to sleep, I would take care of the pictures (?) in the morning.  He smiled back and promptly fell back asleep.

Husband did tell Dr A that his mother & uncle "visit" him often.  Oh, the look on Dr A's face.  His face looked so sad, yet, he smiled and said, "Oh good.  Glad to see that you are having visitors."  I have never actually "seen" the "visitors".  But, when this happens, I feel something.  A presence.

Yep, I feel em'.




No comments:

Post a Comment