Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Just existing

We have had a somewhat low key past couple of days.  Father in law and Lupe came over Thursday with a Christmas Basket for us.  There was a ham, fresh apples, oranges and bananas.  Lupe bought me some Christmas towels for the kitchen.  FIL also brought more wood.  What a nice surprise.

Husband is doing OK.  Asks a lot of questions about our move.  Memory issues are constant now.  Will forget what I just told him in an instant.  He was telling me he had taken a cough drop because he was coughing.  Only, he forgot drop.  Was stumbling over the word "cough", but could not remember that drop followed cough.  I have to constantly fill in where he leaves off now.  I do it like it's a normal thing to do, not make a big deal about it.  It's second nature to me now.

It's so very cold outside so we have been staying inside.  I do have to go to the post office today to mail Jack's fudge.  I made it yesterday along with homemade banana muffins.  He called last night and is excited to get his package.  I still miss him.

I have been looking online for recliners.  I have found some at K-Mart, reasonable priced.  Only, the sale goes off today.  There's always after Christmas sales.

Not a lot going on in our household.  Days are blending into another.  Surviving.  Lonely at times.  Sad at times.  I have been using the fireplace every afternoon, into the night.  It's so cold.

Isn't it just like my life now.  Keeping the home fires burning.


No comments:

Post a Comment