Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, December 21, 2012

Ordinary people?

Thank you for your comments. And, yes, the fudge was Jack's idea. They always make me smile.   And a little humble.  You make me sound like a Saint.  Trust me, I'm no Saint.  There are times when I feel very sorry for myself.  And the "bad deal" that was handed to me.  I become someone I don't like.  I feel uncomfortable in my own skin when I get this way.  Lately, I have been able to recognize when this feeling is coming on.  And I try to avoid it like a head on collision.  Most of the time it works.  I get over it quickly.  Other times, not so quickly.

Like the tides of the ocean.

People amuse me and make me want to spit like a man at times.  Sometimes, when said people and I see each other, they will ask if husband has gotten better and gone back to work yet.  Yes, I'm serious.  I was actually asked that recently.  So, this is where the "I'm no Saint" comes into play.  The look on my face after they asked that stupid question gave them their answer.

We have a friend who was actually husband's friend in high school.  She is married with 4 kids.  I have always thought her to be a little kooky, but nice.  Her ideas and mine don't mesh well.  She will call often, asking how husband is doing.  A few months ago, she called.  As we were talking, she kept bringing up how we both are going through the same things.  I asked her what she meant by this.  She said, "Well, you know, our husband's are both dying.  We are in this together."  I got concerned and asked her was her husband OK?  What was wrong with her husband?  Very calmly and believing every word she was saying, said, "Oh well, B has Diabetes, so I know what you are going through."  It took me a moment to recover.  I didn't know if I should laugh or just tell her off.  She then proceeds to tell me that when he comes home from work (he's still working?, I'm thinking)  he's tired.  Yep, I got a real kook on my hands.  Last time she called, I saw her name on the caller ID and did not pick up the phone.

God really does have a sense of humor.  He puts these people in my life for a reason.  Maybe it's for a good laugh.  But I sometimes walk away or hang up the phone shaking my head.  Crazy, I mumble to myself.

Why someone would want to compare their situation with mine is beyond me.  Do they honestly think this is glamorous?  Are they jealous?  Of what?  Now, that's not normal.  Or, how ignorant one would think that husband has gotten over his "issues" and is back to work.  To me, that's just plain ignorant.

The tides of my life.  There are highs and lows.  I want to remember the highs and laugh at the lows.




No comments:

Post a Comment