Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hear ye, Hear ye

Sorry for the delay in updates.  I have been so busy, by the time I think about posting, it's 7 PM.

Dr's appointment:  Actually, it went well.  Dr was mostly concerned about weight loss.  Husband took the usual tests, with Dr adding some he had never done before.  Of course husband did not pass, but, I could see that his memory is still somewhat intact.  Dr said there has been a decline, but, not too frightening.  It's to be expected.

Dr asked me if I was still working, said he couldn't remember if I had quit.  I told him I was at home with husband.  Said it was a good thing, because, husband is not to be left alone anymore.  With the exception of running to the store, in this stage, it would be too dangerous to leave him alone.  I asked him what stage, he said he feels it's stage 6, with stage 7 peeking it's head around the corner.  Told me husband was a fighter.

I felt good about our appointment.  Husband did very well and did not pad the truth like he has done before. He seemed relaxed around Dr A.

When we were discussing memory issues, husband told the Dr that he held on for Jack's sake, but, he said, since Jack left, he has noticed that he doesn't fight it anymore.  Dr nodded his head and told husband to let nature take it's course.

He goes back in 6 months.  I was told to not let him go for "walks" in his scooter chair alone anymore.  He said confusion could set in and husband could wander and get lost.  Being that we live close to a heavily traffic area, well, you get the picture.

In other news, we got approved for our apartment.  We move January 12th.  I am relieved to say the least.  Boy, trying to get in an apartment is almost like trying to buy a home nowadays.  Credit check, background check, you name it, they do it.  Luckily, I don't have bad credit, am not a convicted felon and have never been evicted.

The apartment comes with stove & fridge, so, I will sell mine.  I need to get enough money so I can buy the 2 recliners for the living room.

Husband and I are both looking forward to this move.  It won't be a hard move, as this apt is small, with only 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom.  I am donating so much stuff, it'll make this move quite simple.

All I want is husband comfortable, not stressing about bills, enough money to live on.  In this apartment, that will be made possible.

Oh, on the brochure I got, it gives the layout of the whole complex.  It says there are two outdoor hot tubs.  First night we are there I'm on a quest to find that!!!  Oh, just imagine that, me, in a hot tub, relaxing.  Why, I won't know what to do with myself in a relaxed state of mind.  Been so long.

Now that, as Martha Stewart would say, is a good thing!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! A hot tub would be a very good thing for you.

    I hate to ask, but how many stages are there?

    Good to know that the dr visit was as good as could be expected, and that you were approved for your new apartment. I hope that down-sizing will provide the peace of mind you need.

    Sincerely,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happpy to hear you were approved!! I said a prayer for you!

    I was wonder how many stages there are also.

    Renia

    ReplyDelete