Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, December 31, 2012

Another year

Oh boy.  Husband is getting a little scary in his scooter chair.  He has banged into walls and crashed into furniture.

Last night, I was sitting on the couch watching TV.  My couch is in the middle of the living room, separating the living room from the dining room.  I did not hear him come down the hallway, when, all of a sudden, there was this sudden jerk of the couch, followed by the couch being moved a little.  I didn't know what the heck was going on, until, around the corner of the couch I saw husband.  It scared me so much that I couldn't speak for a minute, then, I laid into husband.  I told him how much he scared me, to be careful, look where he is going.  Of course, he got mad and said, "Well, I don't know how to drive this thing anymore."

So, there it is.  He has forgotten how to operate his chair.  I don't know what I'm going to do when we move.  The apartment is small, not big like this house.  I surely don't want him banging into walls and making marks on the walls.  He certainly can't walk, even in that small apartment.  Guess I'll have to play it by ear.  Again.  Seems that's all I do anymore.

I woke up to snow this morning.  Good thing I'm not going anywhere today.  Want to have a quiet day today.

It's the end of 2012.  I can't say it's been a good year, nor a bad year.  Just another year.  I don't know what 2013 will bring.  I have not been working on my book.  Once we get moved and settled, I plan on doing just that.

So, for those of you who plan on having a celebration today, Happy New Year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment