Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, December 7, 2012

Phone Home

Jack called last night.  He is thriving.  He sounds so good.  He has grown up so much.  He is loving school.  Said it was so interesting.  He has made so many friends.  He has met people from all over.

He talked with husband for a few minutes.   I heard husband tell him about his Dr appointment.  He told Jack the Dr said he was improving.  ???????????  Oh well, Jack went along with it.  I went along with it.

After husband handed me the phone back, he went back to the bedroom.  I talked with Jack for another 30 minutes or so.  Jack told me he has already had an exam.  Said he got a 90%.  Pretty proud of himself.  We talked about Christmas.  We talked about us moving.  It was a great conversation.

When I got off the phone, husband came out of the bedroom in his wheelchair.  I proudly told him that Jack had gotten a 90% on his first exam.

Husband had "the look", looked at me confused and said, "Oh, did you talk to Jack or did he text you?"  Not 30 minutes and he had already forgotten he had just talked with Jack.

Ah yes, Alzheimer's has a way of ruining everything.  Right down to a wonderful phone call from Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment