Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, April 27, 2013

"Almost normal"

Well, this past week has been OK.  Foot is better.  Not all the way healed, I really did a number on it, but, better.  With all the bruising, the foot looks dirty, even toward the ball of my foot.  I put a shoe on yesterday for the first time in a week. 

Husband has been OK.  We have had sporadic moments where he has hallucinated, but, I have, so far, been able to talk him down.  I know I've said it before, but, it is real scary, those hallucinations.

As far as behavior and attitude, um, we have had our moments.   I have learned to go from OK, to sudden hallucinations, to, bad behavior.  As long as I keep bouncing, well, I think we'll be OK.

Father in law came on Thursday.  They had a nice visit.  When he was leaving, he said that he is taking husband for the whole day this coming week.  He said, "You need a break.  You can do whatever you need to do without him.  A whole day for you."  I could've kissed him.  Yay for me.  Even if I don't have anywhere to go, I'll find a place!

Jack has called a few times since he left for Germany.  He sounds so far away.  Oh, wait, he is.  He loves it there.  Says it so green, but, still cold.  He has gone to a few  cities surrounding the base.  The language barrier is not too bad, he says.  Guess I'll always have this piece of my heart that will miss him.

Today is house cleaning and laundry.  I haven't done laundry in two weeks, due to my foot injury last week.  So, it's a double duty today.  I hope no one else wants to do their heavy laundry like me today.  I need to take over the laundry room!

I like posting positive stuff.  Let's hope I can continue.  But, who are we kidding?  I know the other shoe will drop, just when I least expect it. 

I have learned to cherish the "almost normal" existence.  Because when the other shoe drops it's awful.  Scary, heartbreaking. 

So, here's to a rather positive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment