Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sticky situations or how to diffuse a sitcky situation!

I kept telling everyone this nice weather wouldn't last.  Wind arrived yesterday, along with cooler temperatures.  It's now windy, cloudy and cold.  Again.  Some say snow is predicted.  Lovely. 

Father in law came for a visit.  He hovers over husband now.  We talked about Jack.  A lot.

After father in law left, husband began having trouble with the here and now.  He wanted me to find out how to get into the closet and under the bed.  I stepped into the closet and got on all fours to show him how to get under the bed.  He did not believe that I could do these things.   He was unsettled.  I suggested he lie down and take a little nap.  He was having none of it.

Then, he asked me why do I feed "him".  I tried to tell him that I do not feed "him".  He said that he sees "him" eating so he knows I'm somehow sneaking food to him.  Wanting to diffuse the situation, I hollered into thin air that I was not going to feed "him" anymore.  Husband got a kick out of that one.  We sat on the bed and chuckled.

He calmed down after that.  Wanted his TV on, I turned it on and left the room. 

As I walked into the kitchen, I was glad I got through that little spell.  I do not like this at all.  But, I have to play pretend it is all a game with him.  It's the only way to get out of a sticky situation.

There will be many more to come, I know that.  But, I've learned or am in the process of learning how to get out of a sticky, uncomfortable, scary situation.

Now, this is where my acting comes into play once again.  Hollywood, Hollywood, where for art thou?

No comments:

Post a Comment