Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Doggie in a shoping cart!!

I took husband to one of his favorite stores yesterday.  Right in the middle of organizing, packing and cleaning the oven.  He had been asking for days to go three.  It's a tool store, (as if he needs tools).  He kept saying he wanted to get a box to store stuff.  Now, he has so many of these boxes it's ridiculous, but, I promised him I would take him.

I never leave my dog alone.  If we need to go somewhere, a neighbor will watch him.  I know, I know, don't judge, he's spoiled rotten.  Unfortunately, my neighbor was at work, so, when we got to the store, I just put the dog in a shopping cart and off we went into the store.  No one said a word about the dog, but, did comment on how cute he is.

After strolling the isles, we found the storage boxes.  Husband could not make up his mind.  The salesman asked me, quietly, "Did he have a bad accident?"  "No", I said.  "He has Alzheimer's".

That poor guy.  He looked shocked.  Then said, "But, he's so young."  "Yes, he is, to have Alzheimer's.  It's very rare and genetic related," was my reply.  "He doesn't have long, does he?"

No, he doesn't.

A few hours after we got home, there I am, knee deep in oven cleaning and husband comes to the kitchen to tell med he made a mistake in buying the boxes, he wants me to take him back so I can return them.  When it told him, "Absolutely not!!!!", well, he got a little angry at me.  Said we will do that one day this week. 

He was not happy about that, but, rested and seemed OK after awhile.  I, on the other hand, kept cleaning the oven, but,( here I go again), got to thinking.

People can tell husband doesn't have long.  Wow, I thought, not only can I see it, but, others as well.

What is so interesting now, is, you can talk about him right in front of him, like we did at the store, and he doesn't even know you're talking about him.

It's that bad now.

No comments:

Post a Comment