Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, August 31, 2013

"I'm baaaaack"

The last few weeks have gone by in a blur.  When I think back, just 3 weeks ago we were loading the moving truck bound for Colorado, it just doesn't seem possible that it was only 3 weeks ago.  Then, there's the 2 weeks spent with Tish & Jace.  That went fast.  Now, here we are today, already in our own place for a week.  Crazy.

During these 3 weeks, husband has been a champ.  There were times I could overlook Alzheimer's.  Well, almost.  It was that good.

For the last 2 days, Alzheimer's has reared it's ugly head and made it's presence known to me once again.

I woke up at 5:30 this morning to find husband not in his bed.  I yelled his name.  Luckily, he answered.  I asked him where he was and he said, "I'm trying to get out."  Jumping out of bed, I ran to the front door.  Not there.  Hearing a noise from the bathroom, I found him there, staring into the mirror.  He was trying to crawl through the mirror to "get out."

My heart sank.  Just when I was beginning to relax too.  Just when I was beginning to enjoy life, just a little.  Just when I felt a little happiness as well.  Throw in a little hope while you're at it.

My 3 week stay has ended.  It was nice while it lasted.  Now, it's time to get to the business of  Alzheimer's.  I feel like a fool, having a little ray of sunshine for the last few weeks.  Who was I kidding?

The beast is back.  And, I didn't miss you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment