Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Reality Checkbut,

Only two more days until we move into our new apartment.  While I am excited, I'm also not looking forward to the work involved.  Oh well, I signed a 13 month lease, so, looks like I"ll be there for awhile.  Will unpack everything this time.

Husband has been doing fine.  He has slept good through the night and takes naps during the day.  I know he misses his TV, even though he doesn't understand much of what he's watching anymore.  I miss my cable!

Tish and Jace do not have cable.  And, they have no plans to get cable.  We joke back and forth about it.  Am looking forward to Saturday and cable TV.

Living here on base is so interesting.  Every morning, you hear bugle sounds.  If there is a thunder storm upon us, warning sirens will go off and an announcer will tell you about the dangerous lightening.  At 10 PM, Taps will play.  I hear it as I am going to sleep.  Such a haunting sound.

I am adjusting.  I can't say I love it here, nor can I say I don't like it here.  Once we get in our own place, ask me then.

I did not move here because I was so in love with Colorado Springs.  While it is beautiful here,  and the people I've met so far have been wonderful, the traffic is not as bad as Albuquerque, cost of living is comparable to ABQ,  I do love the weather, but no, that is not the reason I moved here.

I brought my husband here to die.  Maybe that's why I don't go around chanting, "Oh, I love it, I love it".

And, that's the reality of it all.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are almost into your new place. I was reading your posts but didn't have a computer to leave any comments. Sadly, I was away from home due to the sad death of my brother-in-law from cancer. Even with a hope of eternity, oh, the sadness of death and the parting from a loved one. Thinking of you. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete