Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The move to Colorado: Part I

Well, here goes. 

The move went smoothly, the drive up here even smoother.  Everything was coming up roses.  Until, yesterday.

Tish had taken me by the new apartment, Sunday afternoon.  It was then I got an uneasy feeling.  I tried as hard as I could to shake that feeling.

I had been waiting for 3 weeks for this guy at the new apartment to email me the total of what I was to pay once we arrived.  Never did get that email.

So, we went to the apartment yesterday morning.  We drove by the new apartment and I told Tish to stop so I could get out and look at it.  As I walked up, that uneasy feeling came over me.  Looked over the wall into the patio, saw nothing but trash.  Got to the front door, peeked in through a broken blind and lo and behold, all I could see were cases of beer.

Once I got to the office, I asked for Brad.  They told me he was off on Monday's.  Lovely.  I told the Property Manager my name and told her what I had found at my "new" apartment and she assured me the apartment would be ready by Wednesday. She gave me the total price to move in and promised me all would be well. 

We had other errands to run and all the while that uneasy feeling kept creeping up.

Got my money orders for the move in price and off we went to the apartment.  As I walked in, I felt like running out and never coming back to that place.

Went in anyways and the manager was waiting for me.  She then said, "Did Brad also tell you that we changed your apartment and building?"

Wait.  What?

Now, before we left Albuquerque, I had done a change of address for the "new" apartment.  That was my first thought.  The second thought was, "Run, baby, run".

After I recovered from that one, she said we would be able to view my "real" apartment.  As we walked up to this unit, there was yellow tape across my unit extending to the unit next door.

The manage turned to me and said, "Now, don't panic, but, the unit next to you caught fire, but, rest assured, your unit was not damaged and all is well."

After picking my jaw up from the ground, I, like a fool, followed her into this unit.

Stay tuned.  Trust me, there's more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment