Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, June 16, 2011

An "AH HA" Moment

My rant yesterday about my husband driving and all turned out just fine. The transmission went out on his truck. Can I say YAY any louder?

Last night, as I sat watching TV, it hit me. God answered my prayers and broke the truck. Thank you, Lord.

Now, who in their right mind would sit on their couch, late at night and clap their hands and say, "yay, the truck is broken, we cannot afford to fix it, (as I'm taking my right hand with a fist, pointing it upward and whispering) "YES". Me, that's who. YES!!!!

Now, he can't sneak out and drive. Knows he doesn't dare drive my SUV, that'll get you some time in the Big House.

My husband's mind does not work and he just doesn't get it about his driving. He "thinks" he's fine, just a little stiffness in the legs is all, he tells me. Sometimes I just nod my head, it's better to do that than the only other option I have, like, "ah, no".

Ever have a 4 year old daredevil? One that says, "watch me, Mommy, I can jump real far", as you try not to swallow your tongue and before you can say, "No", off he goes and does the jump. Your next stop is the ER and you hold his good arm while they are casting the bad arm? Well, that's my husband now. It's just, well, pitiful.

Can we all say, "AH HA". Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment