Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, June 24, 2011

TGIF?

When I worked, Friday was the best day. There was a light in my step, I dealt with the traffic differently, clients seemed OK on fridays', co-workers didn't annoy me as much, I seemed to get more done on Friday than any other day of the week, Monday seemed so far away.

The weekends were great. Get the house cleaned, start the laundry, get groceries, have some great dinners on Saturday night, watch movies, and, still there was Sunday to look forward to. By Sunday night, I had had enough of this staying home thing, and was ready for a new week to begin.

My Fridays' are now very different. It means the end of my daytime shows for 2 whole days, the house is clean everyday of the week, I get groceries whenever, I do laundry on Mondays' now, I cook every night, I don't watch many movies and Sunday is just another day.

Wow, what a vast change from just a year ago. When I worked, I used to think about other wives and mothers' who stayed at home, and thought, "that would be nice to be home all the time". Ha, be careful what you ask for. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

I quit work to be home with a husband who is dying. No sittin' on the couch eating Bon Bons, no casual eating out, (can't afford it), no nothing.

Instead, I have become a woman who now looks for signs of, seizures, falling, hallucinations, abnormal bleeding, having fits, dealing with a husband who acts like a 4 yr old, and dealing with my 16 yr old who is wise way beyond his years.

What happened to me? To us? It all started when I did my research on the Internet about signs and symptoms of a terrific disease and ended in a Conference Room at UNM Hospital, with a Neurologist beginning with, "I am so sorry............."

No comments:

Post a Comment