Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Day

Today is a new day. I got up and decided today is a start to my new future life. I will have 11 months to make a move. 11 months to plan and save. This move will not come cheap. I don't know how I'll do it, but, I'm not going to focus on how, I'm going to focus on the when. I get excited when I think about it. Excited about a new beginning. Excited for Jack, he'll have more of an opportunity to further his schooling. We now talk about it every day. There is a spark in his eyes, one that I haven't seen in a long time. I feel good about this. I feel settled about this. It just may be OK after all.

Of course leaving here means I will be leaving without Leon, that is, if he passes before we leave. Jack and I have decided that even if he is still here, we are going. We will just take him with us. He may not know what's going on, but he'll have us. If he is not, then his final resting place will be here. I can't think that we are leaving him behind, his spirit will be with us, always.

I went to Medicaid yesterday. Was given the correct form I've needed, but was never provided. The lady was very nice, said to fill out and return, then I would get an appointment anywhere from 10-15 days. Because I have this appointment tomorrow, with the mysterious guy who never showed up last week, she said go to the appointment, with the proper form. Here's to hoping that all goes well tomorrow and he'll be approved for Medicaid.

If not, then my reasons for leaving the Land of Enchantment will only further my plans for saying "Hasta, New Mexico". For Jack and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment