Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, June 27, 2011

All my Children

With Tish coming from Arizona on Friday, Justin & Anne also coming in from Colorado on Friday as well, what a weekend.

Saturday, all gathered at my house for a BBQ. Anne (my daughter in law) and I went to Costco to get supplies. Now, it is very dangerous for me to go to Costco, add Anne, and you have some serious shoppers. We did some damage at Costco. When we got up to the check out, Anne said, "Oh, by the way, I'm paying for all of it". That's Anne. So, I let her pay for it.

When we first got there, she said, "We didn't get you a birthday present, so, get whatever you want here". First thing I saw was the Big Screen TV's, then computers, then looked back at Anne. She had the look of, "Wait, what I meant was..............." That made me laugh.

I got a very pretty rug and two throw pillows for my couch. Love them.

The chaos was wonderful. Laughing, talking, eating great food, crying babies, laughing babies, entertaining, all of the above.

Anne & Susie (Tyler's Fiance) took pictures of all 7 of my children. As I sat there looking at them, I thought, "Man, that's alot of people".

Everyone left around 10:30 Saturday night. It was so wonderful, I sat for the longest time and just re-lived the whole day. I was exhausted and thrilled at the same time.

Justin & Anne left yesterday, taking Jack with them. He will stay until we go up there for the 4th. Next Tuesday we come home, bringing Jack back with us. I don't know if he'll want to come home. Tish is staying until the 23rd of July.

Justin & Anne took me aside, separately and told me how awful husband looks now. I guess if you just read it in a post, you really don't realize what's happening. Then, you see it, and the reality of it all sets in. They both told me that I look tired and worn, but my attitude is good.

Once they said that, I realized I am tired and worn. But I have to keep going.

What a good weekend and visit. I am still glowing. Can't wait for the pictures!!

Ah, now on to a new week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment