Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Neuroligist, check - Psychiatrist, check - Pastor? no check

I called this Church and requested a Counseling Session with this Pastor that my Brother had referred me to.

When the girl first answered, as I was talking, she cut me off and transferred me to another person named "Kathy". Kathy was not at her desk, I had to leave a message. Shoulda known better, but I did leave a message. This "Kathy" called me back and I started telling her that I was in need of counseling with their Pastor. Told her the shortened version of what I was going through and as I was telling her, she would CHUCKLE. Another shoulda known better. I told her the name of my Brother's Pastor in Florida and how he knew the Pastor there at this local church. She then proceeded to argue with me, telling me they had no such person by that name. As we proceeded on with this crazy conversation, she said, "Well, if you come for counseling, all the Pastor can do is give you Bible references, and because you are Female, (Really? Really?) another female will have to sit in with the Pastor". "Also", she said, "Pastor does not counsel anyone, he cannot charge for this, he is not trained in helping you". Ah, she didn't really say that, did she?

It's a good thing I didn't go in person to make the appointment. My gut was telling me to just hang up on this person. After about 10 minutes of giving her the name over & over of this Pastor, she kept saying that no person by that name was there, she would ask me again what his name was. Like I was going to change the name?

I told her during the conversation that between Neurologists and Psychiatrists, dealing with a terminally ill husband, financial difficulties and worrying about my future, I somehow got lost in it all and needed guidance for myself. And this woman LAUGHED OUT LOUD, OVER THE PHONE. What a silly person. I don't mean silly as in funny, goofy, I mean silly as in dumb ass.

She wanted me to call her back with the "correct" name. So, I looked at my Brother's text message, said the name over & over, (was a very easy and common name), looked at my phone and said, "naw".

No comments:

Post a Comment