Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, June 3, 2011

Breathe in, breathe out

My appointment with Medicaid went pretty well. This mysterious guy sent a replacement, a young lady, to meet with me. Funny how things turn out. She shared with me that her Father lost one leg to a work related accident 2 1/2 years ago and she helped him with his filing for Disability, Medicaid and Medicare. She told me that I should file for Family Medicaid, as our chances of the whole family getting approved were better than just one member of the family. She also informed me that I could apply for "Extra Help" from Medicare. She said we qualified for that as well. She explained that if Medicaid didn't cover Leon's medical expenses, Medicare would pick up the slack and we would have no out of pocket medical expenses.

Now, we play the waiting game. I am glad she was the one doing the initial application. She understands the wole process after having gone through this with her parents. She also stated that if approved, I could apply as a "Caregiver" to Leon, and, that they would pay me to care for him. That's a wild card, as I have learned that the state has no money to pay for a Caregiver, but, I will apply and see what happens.

I guess God knew that I needed a special person to understand what I am going through and sent her. I am thankful.

On the home front, had a bad day with Leon yesterday. He seemed very restless, but, did sleep for the better of the afternoon. After we had an early dinner, he seemed somewhat calmer. He was still restless, like he was wanting to argue, but I kept my distance and eventually he went to sleep.

Today, I take the car in for an oil change and see if the car needs a tune-up. If that's the case, there is no money for a tune-up. But, I will once again trust that the expense will not be greater for what I have set aside. My car runs fabulous, smooth riding, but because this car has to last me for the rest of my life, I have to keep up with maintenance. Please pray with me that the maintenance will not be a great expense, and I will be able to handle it.

We are going to Denver for the 4th of July weekend. My son, Justin and his wife are there now, as well as 2 neices. It will be a chance to look around and see what would be available when we move there. My one neice, Trisha, is so excited and said she could advise me as to where I could get the best for my buck. Am looking forward to that. Justin has offered to help pay for my gas to go there, will take him up on the offer.

So, that is where I am at today. Don't know what tomorrow will bring, just know that whatever it is, I will have to get through it. One foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment