Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Multi-Tasking?

Husband got up rather early this morning. When he does that, you can bet your breakfast it's going to be a rough day. It has already started..........

Earlier in the week, I mentioned that I would like to detail the car before our trip. Just the usual stuff, washing, dusting the inside. Husband said he would help me.

Tish came yesterday and we decided to go to the Goodwill store this morning. Husband was sitting with us when we decided on a time. Later, I told him again that I was going around 9 AM today. He gave me a blank stare and nodded.

When he got up this morning, he said, "You better get ready, let's do it before it gets too hot". "Do what?", I ask. Looks at me like I'm crazy (now that, my friends, can be discussed at a later date), and says, "DETAIL THE CAR?" "Oh, I am going to Goodwill, but if you want to do it, fine". He says, "Well, you should've told Tish that we(?) (I didn't invite him to help me with the car) had made other plans". Now, most "normal" couples could have a really huge argument over this, but, in my world now? Change the subject. It's not worth it. So, I just said, "Well, there's always tomorrow", and leave it at that. It's easier than the alternative. You're not gonna win.

I have told him many, many times that we are leaving Saturday. A few minutes ago he asks me what day are we leaving. Big sigh, "Saturday".

We have a 55 gallon fish tank. I am ging to get more fish food tomorrow. There is enough food to last until Monday, but need to get more. So, he panics and "reminds" me that "we"(?) need to go get fish food, now. Ugh.

All of these conversations have been taking place as I type this.

Being the Mother of 7 children has taught me to multi-task. I can type, make sure the dog goes outside to do her business, check on my recordings for my TV programs for the day, listen to the dog bark outside at.....nothing and solve problems that arise in the World of Dementia.

My only saving grace? I get to go to the Goodwill store. For about 2 hours. With my daughter. And a 2 yr old. Yay for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment