Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, August 22, 2011

Becoming a Man

Today, Jack takes the ASFAV test. I have to pull him out of class at 1:30, the test starts at 2:30. I know he will pass. He's not too nervous. When he first went to talk with a recruiter, they gave him a pre-test. Recruiter said most score a 40. Jack scored a 74. After the test, they will be taking them to a Hotel for the night, physical & psychological tests in the morning.

He is wanting to get into Computer Science. He is so smart, things come easily to him.

We had a nice birthday dinner for him yesterday.

Husband seems to be doing ok. Dr A asked me last week if I had noticed husband urinating more than usual. Told him I had. He explained that the muscles are breaking down and the urge to go will increase. That's why they end up in diapers. Great. Something to look forward to. The past few nights, husband has gotten up several times to go to the bathroom. Husband has had a few accidents the last few weeks, just never put two and two together. Now, I know why. Husband says it's because he drinks alot of water.

I call my mother every Sunday. We had a great conversation yesterday. She will be 94 in October. I try to make it out to LA to see her in October for her birthday, but, told her I just can't this year. Finances being what they are, not possible. She said she understood. Told her I would call her alot on her birthday. She liked that.

Today is laundry day. It's still warm enough to hang clothes on the clothes line. I love the smell. It won't be long before the cold sets in, so will take advantage of it while I can.

Here's to a new week. A week of Jack becoming a man and a week of asking myself, "what has husband lost now"?

No comments:

Post a Comment