Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Date Night?

Last night, Husband and I went out, together, jut the two of us.

To Church.

My heart was filled, husband's heart was filled.

It was a different kind of church. They had loud music playing, this band was incredible. The songs they sang brought tears to my eyes. I would glance at husband, and I could see a peaceful look on his face. The last song made me cry, it was so beautiful.

Pastor came on after 20 minutes of song. The way he delivered his sermon, I kind of looked around and thought, "Wow, he's talking directly to me". This man was fantastic. I would glance at husband, no blank stare, no shifting in his seat, no looking like he wanted to get out of there. It was incredible.

No ordinary church, but the people who came, came to hear the Word of God. I can't say enough. My heart has been filled with the love of God. He has directed me there. I can't wait to go back.

As we were leaving, I was helping husband walk out, there were alot of people, and they parted ways to let husband through the crowd. No look of pity for him, no look of disgust at the way he shuffles, just the look of a fellow Christian, coming to church, to hear the Word of God. I have tears as I type this.

After we got out of the auditorium, husband turned to me and said, "I liked that, can we come back?" Yes, my dear husband, we are coming back.

When we got home and he got settled on the bed, he said, "You know, I believe in God, He is real". Ugh, Don't want to cry.

God is speaking to husband now. God will be calling him Home, God is touching husband's heart now. It will be time, soon enough. Where we cannot reach husband anymore, God did. And my heart is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment