Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, August 1, 2011

Hope - Part 2

Starting this week, I will be learning coping skills, have support, someone to talk to, and, just knowing I am not alone. It has been a long time. I now have something to look forward to. I now know there will be a life after husband is gone. For me, for Jack. I am hoping that by joining this Support Group, I can meet more and more people going through what I am going through. And maybe, just maybe, there will be someone I can help.

This journey is hard. But, God knows I can do it. This lady that heads up this group said to me, "You may feel like you are loosing your mind, but you are not, your husband is". It just made sense to me. She has given me helpful pointers over the phone. I applied them this weekend, and, it was a very pleasant weekend.

I also talked to her about how he seems fine for a few days to a week, but, then it all comes crashing down, and he's worse than before. Finally, finally, I found someone who went through the same thing. I told her I called it the Honeymoon period. How as time went on, I found myself dreading these Honeymoon periods, cause I knew what would happen next. She felt the same way with her husband. It's just nice to be able to talk your heart out and have someone at the other end of the line say, "Oh yes, I went through the same thing as you did, I also felt the same way you did".

Know how there's a big storm? Thunder & lightening? Wind? But, when the storm is over, the smell of fresh air, everything looks so clean?

I feel that way today. There will be more storms to come. This is just the beginning of the nightmare. But, I now have people who have been through it, or are going through it. I can now lean on someone besides myself.

I can do this, I say to myself, I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment