Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, August 13, 2011

A new stage

Last night was rough. Husband was restless. I think the siezure phase of this disease has begun. Husband was jerking alot. I finally sat up and watched his body. The jerking would start at the feet and move towards the middle of his body. When I say jerking, I guess it was like a vibration, then the legs would jerk, tremble, then move up toward the stomach. And then he would choke.

All the while, I was planning on what to do. Do I call 911? What if he stops breathing? We have a DNR on file, so what good would calling 911 do? He doesn't want to be brought back.

So, on to another stage in the Land of Dementia. Oh well, I'm not the first person to go through this and sadly, won't be the last.

Now, I have to find my inner strength. God give me strength to get through this. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment