Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, August 21, 2011

He remembered!!

The church we have been going to is very large. So large, that, there are 2 services on Saturday evening and, 3 on Sunday. As large as it is, everytime I leave, I feel fulfilled. The music is fantastic. It is loud, real loud. It's kind of like being at a concert. As the band plays, people clap their hands to the beat of the drums and sing their hearts out. If you can't see the band, there are 3 big screens to look at, plus the words to each song are displayed on those large screens.

The first time we went, I just mouthed the words to the songs. The second time, I clapped my hands and sang a little. Last night, I clapped my hands, moved to the beat of the music and sang my heart out. As I glanced over at husband, he was clapping his hands and trying to move to the beat of the music. Because of his spastic legs, it was a jerking motion, but move he did.

The Pastor is fantastic. His sermons are right to the core, spot on. He also has a great sense humor. Husband so enjoys the sermons.

It's the best.

Husband likes me to read from the Bible each morning now. It soothes him, makes him more relaxed. He asks questions, questions I sometimes don't have answers for. One day last week, husband came to me and said, "I didn't know about all of that stuff you read from the Bible, how Jesus was God, but born to flesh". He remembered what I read!!! All these mornings when I have read to him, he is retaining some. I like to think the Word of God is able to communicate with his soul. Where some people cannot reach him anymore, God is.

When husband's time comes, I know now where he will be going. I don't have to wonder anymore. That's my one and only consolation. He will live again, he will be able to walk again, he will be able to speak clearly again, he will be able to think again. He will be healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment