Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Faith, Hope and Love

Funny how life experiences change you, or, in my thoughts, should change you.

I sometimes look at people and wonder what their life is like. Are they happy? When I worked, some of our clients were the most rudest people I had ever met. Before diagnosis, I resented these rude people. After diagnosis, I felt compassion for them.

What has happened in their lives to make them so bitter? It is really sad to think that they, like me, had a choice. They chose not to have hope and turned into mean, bitter people. When I think about it, it makes me sad for them.

There is hope for all of us going through these trials. We just have to have faith, see light at the end of the tunnel.

Husband has taken a nose dive. He had another fall. He talks in a mumbled, low tone. I can't hear him anymore. He is depressed alot. He forgets now where the bedroom is. The other morning he was shuffling in circles in the living room. I asked him what was wrong, he says, "Where's the bedroom?" Ever feel like you've been kicked in the gut? Yeah, it's that kind of feeling.

Dr A called me. He remembered husband. Wants to see him the end of this month. At the end of our conversation he said, "Mrs L, you do know that there is nothing we can do for him except to make him more comfortable?" Yes, I said. Got off the phone, husband asked who that was, I told him and his eyes lit up. He got excited that Dr A will now take over his care. "Oh good, when do I go? That's good news, isn't it?" "Yes", I say, then looked at him with his excited expression on his face, "Yes, it sure is honey". With that, he shuffles away and I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment