Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, August 14, 2011

I have a job!!!

Yesterdy was interesting. It had nothing to do with Dementia. It had to do with me.

I had an experience this past week. I won't go into details, but, am so amazed at people.

I was treated with the utmost crude, rude, ignorant, thoughtless and humilated way, that just thinking about it now makes me so angry I want to strike back. But, I won't. I will let those people go on, chalk it up to one more chapter in my life. After all, I have better things to do and more important, God has given me a job to do. And, I didn't even have to submit a Resume nor go through an interview.

A job that does not require experience. It requires stamina. Stamina I thought I didn't have. A job that requires heartbreaking decisions. A job that will take me into the depths of hell. A job that will one day, leave me a Widow. A job that will some days, leave me exhausted. A job that will require me to be "on the clock" 24/7. A job that requires me to watch my husband turn into a helpless man. A job that involves travel. Into the Land of Dementia. Travel arrangements courtesy of God. No fees, no taxes, no charge for excess baggage.

And, I will accept the position. And for what? What will I accomplish in this job? What will I gain? What is the end result?

I won't question the why's. I was given this job for a reason. I will do it to the best of my ability. I know what the end result will be. I don't question that, I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment