Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, July 30, 2012

Celebrate!!

We went to a wedding last night.  It was our dear friends wedding vow renewal.  They celebrated 50 years married.  It was so touching.

J has been a great friend since we started going to this church last summer.  We go to group meeting at their house on Friday nights, and I go to Bible Study every Tuesday at her house.

They are wonderful people.  I was honored they included us in their special day.

When they originally married in 1962, her dad was in Korea.  He never got to walk her down the isle.  He got that chance last night.  There he was, 90 years young, walking his daughter down the isle.  There wasn't a dry eye in the place.

It was an Hawaiian theme wedding.  At the reception, they had Hawaiian dancers.   It was all so fun and festive.

I enjoyed it so much.  To witness such a milestone.  They have had their ups and downs for sure, but, together they stand.

As I watched them reaffirm their vows,  my thoughts took me to my life.  While I was so happy for them, I realized something.

I will never stand before God and renew my wedding vows to husband.   I will never celebrate 50 years of married life.

At the reception, husband looked at me and it was as if I could read his mind.  The look he gave me told me he was feeling the same way.  It was a look of envy and sadness.  I honestly could see what he was thinking.

A lot of people don't celebrate 50 years of marriage.

I just wish things were different for us, that's all.  It's times like this wedding that reality hits me, like a slug in the gut.

I woke up this morning and thought I'd better get over this.  So, here's to my husband and I celebrating 20+ years of being together.

Yay for us.


1 comment:

  1. If I think you are renewing your wedding vows every single morning as you lovingly care for your husband. I admire you.

    ReplyDelete