Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Too soon

I am doing a little better this morning.  Seems like I fell off my track for a few days.  Am back on,  but, I feel different.

Took the car for service yesterday.  Husband wanted to go.  He used his wheelchair.  Took a long time.  It was so hot.  I long for Fall weather.  This heat has bothered me all summer, and, it's only the middle of summer.

While waiting for my car, I noticed husband had put his socks on upside down.  The heel part were on the top part of his foot.  I was slightly amused by that.  Reminded me of when the kids were little and insisted on dressing themselves, then, to my horror, I would notice something amiss while we were out.  Don't know if anyone else noticed his socks, but, when we got home, I teased him about it.  He looked at me as if I were speaking in another language.  Didn't understand what I was saying.

He put a shirt on the other day that was inside out.  I teased him about that and he laughed along with me as I took his shirt off and put it on right for him.

It's come to the point where I have to dress him in the morning now.  Try dressing a grown man.  Not easy.

Husband loaded the dishwasher the other morning.  Wanted to help me as I was in the shower.  How far he has declined.  He put everything on the bottom rack, including the silverware.  Didn't put the silverware in the baskets, he put them on the bottom of the dishwasher.  When I saw that, I put them where they belonged and didn't say anything to husband.

One of my best friends called me on Friday and we talked for over 2 hours.  I miss her.  They left Albuquerque 9 years ago and moved to Raleigh, NC.  I laughed while on the phone with her.  Gosh, that was so nice to talk with her.  We met while working for Bank of America many years ago.   She was also there when I gave birth to Jack.  Her little girl was almost two at the time.  Now, Sarah is in college and Jack is leaving for the Air Force.  My, time flies.


Jack finished summer school and graduated with a 3.8 average.  Not too shabby, if I may brag?  He did not want to go through the graduation exercise.  I didn't make him.  We pick up his diploma sometime this week.  So, so proud of him.  What a joy that boy has brought to my life.  God knew what he was doing when he allowed me to be Jack's mother.


Folks, I am trying to get me back.  I'll get there, just need some time.  This rapid decline in husband has caught me off guard, Jack leaving, well, it seems to have caught up with me.  Just need to catch my breath.


Soon, too soon, it will be just husband and I.  


Then, it will be just me.




No comments:

Post a Comment