Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, July 9, 2012

What am I at?

After I posted my post yesterday morning, I went and looked up the 7 Stages of Alzheimer's.  After reading it, (again) I have come to the conclusion that husband falls in the category Stage 6.   Although, he does fall in the 7th Stage as well.  Some characteristics are present.  Don't know which way to turn on that one.

I realized that I have had to assist him in dressing for at least a month.  It just never dawned on me before.  I could not get through to him yesterday morning on how to put his shorts on.  He could not understand me.  After a few times of him pulling them off and putting them back on the wrong way,  I had to physically put them on for him.   After I was done with that, he asked me to check and make sure his shirt was on right.  Ugh.

Last week, I gave him a pair of socks to put on.  He looked at them as if they were a foreign object.  I had to put those on for him.

He was putting a new roll of toilet paper on the roll.  Well, one side of the roll shot off, he said.  I went into the bedroom to see about that and there he was, with his flashlight, looking under the bed.  I asked him if he was putting the toilet paper in the bedroom.  He said no, in the bathroom.  I asked why then, was he looking under the bed.  He told me that it could of shot off under the bed.  Our master bath is not that far from the bed, however,  there is no way it would shoot under our bed.  We did find it, in the bathroom and all was well.

In describing the 6th and final 7th Stage it said that "Patient will become delusional".  That one struck home more than any of the other "symptoms".

I want Dr A to give me a timeline on how much time we have left.  I say less than a year.  But, I'm not the expert.  Dr A is.

I wonder.  What category do I fall under?


1 comment:

  1. You fall under the category of good wife, good mother, good friend...a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete