Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A new kind of quiet

A very quiet 4th for us.  Made me stop and think to years past.  When the kids were little.  This 4th was very different.  A new phase in my life now.

Was able to shop for husband yesterday without him being difficult.  He behaved himself in the store and was   happy about my choices of clothes for him.   Once we got home, I went through his is dresser.  Boy, what a mess.

When I do laundry, I fold and give him his clean clothes.  He will put them away.  After going through his dresser yesterday, well, I will put his stuff away from now on.   Clothes were all jumbled together. Twisted,with other shirts, pants and socks.  Most of his shirts were thrown away.  Pants, I kept, for winter.

I organized everything for him.  I showed him where I put all his new clothes, what drawer held what.  Told him numerous times.

Later last night, I told him I was giving him a test.  Asked him what each drawer held.  He got it right!!  Course, this morning may be another story.  We'll see.

In going through his clothes, I found a pair of swimming trunks.  Then, I got an idea.  Take him swimming in the pool.  He actually wanted to go, so, off we went.  Kristen was already at the pool, working on her tan.  Husband managed to get into the pool by himself and floated for quite some time.  He loved it!!

We will go again today.  He had no trouble walking in the water.  It was nice to see him looking like just another dad at the pool.  We looked like an "almost normal" family enjoying the pool and the 4th of July.

So, being that I'm entering a new phase in my life, no more little kiddos hanging on my legs & arms, asking when can they do fireworks, no more messes, a rather quiet 4th, I can honestly say, I enjoyed it.

Times, they are a changing.  There's a change coming, I can feel it.

A new kind of quiet.  And, I'm OK with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment