Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The red, white & blue of it all

I have been slacking on posts because not much is going on.  Also, I'm in a funk, still.  I am hoping to come out of it soon.  There is so much to deal with.  The reality of it all has finally sunk in.

Husband has been stable for the past several days.  Way too much sleeping.  Memory issues are a constant reminder of this monster.  Cannot tell him anything anymore, as he cannot retain any memory of what you just said.

I was reading the news on my laptop yesterday morning, husband came in and was looking out the sliding door.  I asked him what he was doing.  He, at first, did not recognize me, then with a look of surprise, said, "Oh, there you are."  Now, he had to walk right by me to get to the sliding door.

Today is the 4th of July.  We will be doing, nothing.  I have to take husband and get him some T-shirts and new socks.  If I find a sale, I will get him some new shorts.  He has become quite thin, his shirts hang on him.   I'm not going all out because I can't afford it and, well, he's terminal.

I hope each and every one of you has a beautiful 4th of July.

Happy Birthday, America.

No comments:

Post a Comment