Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, November 7, 2011

The adventures of my life

We had a very nice quiet Sunday. I had time to dig deep, think and made a very important decision.

I have to go back to work. There it is, I put it out there. Actually, I made the decision Friday, but gave myself time to digest it. The idea of going back to work appeals to me now. Before, it made me cringe. So, I believe the time is right now.

I updated my Resume and will start applying today, online, for a job. I usually don't have any problems finding work, but, with the economy the way it is, I may find it harder this go around. I am hoping there is something out there for me. I can no longer afford to be home.

Starting in December, husband will be on Medicare. The cost is $115.40 per month. They will be taking that out of his Disability check. With my budget being what it is now, that's alot. I have had to adjust my budget. There just is not enough money to go around. Then, Christmas is coming. Not that I spend, spend, spend. But at this time, there will be nothing for Jack under the tree this year if I don't find work.

There is an adult day care near my home. Husband will have to go there. I won't have to pay because husband is terminal. Perks of being terminal, I guess? He won't like it at first, but will get used to it. There is nothing else I can do at this point. They have workshops there. Husband will be kept busy.

How ironic that for many years, I had children in day care. Now, I have to put my husband in adult day care. Some joke; it's not funny anymore.

Today is the day I start my job search. Who knows where it will take me. Who knows how long it will take me. All I know is, I have to go back to work, I have to see to it that I take care of my family and, I have to put my husband in day care. It's not the going back to work that bothers me, it's the idea of putting husband in day care that bothers me. What a blow to him. How did we get here?

I am hoping there is a company out there that fits my needs and I theirs. All I can do is apply, apply, apply.

On to my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment