Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, November 18, 2011

One door closed, one door opened?

To date, I have received 1 phone call in response to my Resume, 1 email notifying me they had decided not to hire after all and yesterday, I got an email from another company informing me that I was not selected to interview with them. Ha. So, there you have it. 3 rejections in 2 weeks.

On another email, I received a response from the instructor in Doula Certification. I had emailed her earlier in the month to let her know I could not afford to pay the $400 required to be certified. In her response, she let me know that I qualified for a scholarship to attend, test and be certified. That class will start in February. So, maybe, just maybe this is an opportunity for me? I will certainly be attending.

One door closed, another door opened?

On the flip side, husband continues to decline a little faster than before. There have been so many "episodes" this week.

I took him grocery shopping with me yesterday. I told him to stay with me, do not leave my side. I must've gotten through to him because everytime I turned around, there he was, smiling with "the look". When we got to the register, I had to unload everything myself, husband offered to put the bagged items in the basket. Half way through, he just stopped, stood there with "the look". I started to load up the bagged items when I noticed the look on the cashiers' face. She probably thought he was lazy or mean making me do all the work. Then she saw the cane and realized he was disabled. No need to explain.

This morning I take him to Physical Therapy. He's looking forward to it. I'm not because he is work when we go out. Alot of work. I thought the days of taking children out with me and the work involved was over with. Not so. I have to remind him to stay with me, do not wander off. I have to follow him to the bathroom, otherwise, he gets lost in the building. I have to guide him when we are going into the exam room. He does not follow the nurse, he strays. It's quite an experience folks.

Another adventure for me today. Yay.

There are days that I feel so lost, so hopeless, so alone. But, there are days like today that I realize I may have lost alot of myself in this journey, but, there is one thing that remains.

My sense of humor. Gotta laugh, else if I cry, I won't stop.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry about your husband. Keep chugging along and laughing when you can. I am sure your husband appreciates all you do.

    ReplyDelete