Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Hollywood Calling?

It's early thanksgiving morning. I got up at 5 am to get the turkey in the oven. Marie, Burt and the babies arrived around 12:30 am. It's very quiet now, everyone is asleep. Except the cook.

Yesterday was very busy. I baked. I drove Jack & Kristen crazy with the smells. Had to keep a watch when either of them went into the kitchen. They did try to talk me into letting them have a piece of at least one pie. Those kids have known me all their lives, they should of known I would say no. I go through this every year. My kids are funny kids.

Husband slept the better part of yesterday. He has been tired a lot lately. I checked on him throughout the day. Last night around 9 or so, he came to me and told me that someone has taken some of his tire changing tools in his truck. He had not been outside near his truck, he had been in bed. He decided to check the garage. Said it wasn't there, but, someone has taken them. I did not react, just assured him that we would check on it in the morning. No, that wasn't good enough. He went out to check his truck. No tools, he said. I played it down, told him to please go and rest, we have a big day today. He did, but was very agitated.

I think he was hallucinating, it's hard to tell. When these instances happen, I have to keep my cool, else he will really freak out. If I show fear, it scares him. That is difficult when it happens, it happens so suddenly that it takes me by surprise. Here I was, relaxing after a long day of baking, having good thoughts, them, wham, back to this roller coaster we are riding.

When this happens, you find it difficult to be thankful for anything. But, I did make a promise to myself that I would put on a happy face today. At least for the kids.

I am excited my Marie is here. She is so much fun to be around. Hard to believe she is a mom now. When the babies call out, "Mama", I always say "what?" Then, I realize it's HER children. Guess that comes from having so many children.

I plan on having an uneventful day. I plan on smiling and laughing. When we say blessings for our food, I plan on it being heartfelt. If I can pull this off, Hollywood, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment