Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Answered Prayer

Well, we got our snow,,,,,and ice. Snow is OK, ice, not so OK. The scary part is at times, you don't even know you've hit a patch of ice, until, well, you get the picture. What did look pretty last night was the snow falling, the Christmas lights down my street reflecting the lights on the fallen snow. Looked kind of magical. Really pretty.

I got a special message on Facebook from my cousin. She is so sweet. She too has suffered tragedy with the loss of her son. But she wanted to make sure I was OK. So, my prayer got answered, it warmed my heart.

We also had "Santa" visit last evening. Our Couples Group from church came by with presents for us. They also brought a freshly smoked ham. There are presents under our otherwise empty tree now.

Thank you Sweet Jesus.

I was humbled and heartfelt at the same time. As I was looking at my friends, I suddenly got an old feeling, something I haven't felt in a long time. My heart felt warm. These people love us, they really, really love us. Their faces were glowing. They were so happy to be in my home. They were so happy to give us a Christmas.

Today, my heart feels warm. I am not dreading Christmas. Oh, don't get me wrong, I want it to be over, but now, I say to myself, "You can do this".

When our friends were over last night, I glanced at husband. His eyes were sparkly. I saw life in them. His face looked so happy. OK, OK, I'm going to say it. The miracle of Christmas. There. Said it. For the first time in a long time, I saw life in my husbands' eyes.

And my heart is warm. And I am thankful. And I am blessed. Jesus answered my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment