Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, December 11, 2011

New Legs

Husband got his braces or Orthodics Friday. It does make a difference. His knees are no longer spastic when he walks in the braces. The braces are heavy, but, he is learning to pick up his feet now when he walks. There are hinges at the ankle, making his ankles move, thus, creating a more even walk. All in all, I am pleased with the results. Husband seems happy about all of this. Of course, his walking is still very labored, there just isn't a lot of spastic movements like before. His left arm however, now bows out, a little spastic looking. I don't know if it's because he is using it for balance or what, but I have noticed it since Friday. Strange. Need to check my brain and try to remember if he was doing that before.

I did not go and volunteer yesterday as planned. I tried moving our couch the other day and hurt my back. It has been hurting, yesterday being the worst. I took it easy yesterday, a little sore and stiff today. I have a Dr's appointment Wednesday. Have him check it out.

We had a pot luck Friday night with our Couples Group from church. It was fun. The food was delicious. I made a sweet potato casserole and stuffed eggs. This couples group has done wonders for both husband and I. The people in the group are so warm and loving. A lot of them are struggling financially as we are, although not to the extent as us, as the husbands' are healthy, but, struggling just the same. Some of them have lost their jobs after years of working at the same company, some have lost their business and have had to file bankruptcy. So, it's easy to feel at home with them. We connect. There is one couple who have not lost their jobs, but have a handicapped little girl. She had to have surgery in Salt Lake City last month. After arriving home a few days later, the woman lost her Mother. So, I am really not alone. Our circumstances may be different, but we are all suffering just the same. We come together as a group and hold one another up. I look forward to Friday nights now.

Husband continues to be OK. He had "visitors" last night. Was telling them he wanted to go with them. What is this? He actually sat up on the side of the bed and looked like he was reaching for clothes. I told him to lie back down. He looked confused at me, like he didn't know me at first, then got back into bed. He started talking quietly to the "visitors", but did not try to get out of bed again. Took me awhile to fall back to sleep.

Did not go to church last night. Off to church this morning. Husband looks forward to wearing his "new legs" at church. We should have a good day, today. Lord, bless us.

No comments:

Post a Comment